Subsidiaries

Operating Companies in the NGC Group of Companies

The NGC Group of Companies

Through its subsidiaries and investments, NGC has strong linkages across the entire natural gas value chain. Today, NGC leads a diversified Group of Companies that is evolving into a global business entity, working to develop a structure that supports its international vision and mission to create exceptional value from natural gas and related energy businesses through valued partnerships and arrangements.

NGC Group Vision Statement

To be a recognized global leader in the development of sustainable energy-related businesses.

NGC Group Mission Statement

To create exceptional value from natural gas and related energy businesses through our people and strategic partnerships.

NGC Group Core Values & Guiding Principles

  • Integrity
  • Employee Engagement
  • Excellence
  • Safety & Environmental Preservation
  • Transparency
  • Customer Focus
  • Corporate Social Responsibility

National Energy Corporation of Trinidad and Tobago Limited (National Energy)

nec

National Energy is a 100% owned subsidiary of NGC and for more than 30 years has been committed to supporting the infrastructure of the energy industry, while providing quality service in the area of natural gas based development. NEC’s activities include optimizing and developing local energy services; downstream development; and the development, management and operation of industrial site, port and marine facilities. NEC also takes pride in providing innovative energy solutions to its many stakeholders.

Website: nationalenergy.tt

La Brea Industrial Development Company Limited (Labidco)

Labidco was formed in February 1995 to develop the La Brea Industrial Estate for industrial activity. NGC holds 83% of the shares in Labidco while Petrotrin holds the remaining 17 %. The day-to-day management of the Estate is carried out by National Energy on behalf of NGC.

Labidco’s vision for the La Brea Industrial Estate is to provide industrial land, port, logistics and bio-remediation services at competitive prices.

Website: nationalenergy.tt/Operations/LABIDCO

Phoenix Park Gas Processors Limited (PPGPL)

PPGPL is a joint venture formed in May 1989 and 90% owned by NGC. The remaining 10% is held by Pan West Engineers and Constructors Inc. NGC delivers unprocessed natural gas to PPGPL, which extracts the associated natural gas liquids (NGLs) – propane, butane and natural gasoline – from the gas stream and redelivers cleaner, high quality residue gas to NGC for distribution to its customers. PPGPL exports most of the NGLs produced in the process to regional and international markets.

Website: ppgpl.com

Trinidad and Tobago NGL Limited (TTNGL)

TTNGL was incorporated by NGC on September 13, 2013 to hold 39% of the shares of PPGPL. Through an Initial Public Offering (IPO) the public was able to own an equity interest in Phoenix Park Gas Processors Limited (PPGPL). On October 19th 2015, TTNGL was officially listed on the Trinidad and Tobago Stock Exchange (TTSE). June 5, 2017 marked the commencement date for an Additional Public Offering (APO), to sell the remainder of NGC’s Class B Shares, representing 26% of its equity interest in TTNGL.

Website: ngl.co.tt

NGC CNG Company Limited

NGC CNG Company Limited is a subsidiary of The National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited, NGC. Through its parent company it has been mandated by the Government of Trinidad and Tobago to accelerate and expand the use of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) as a major, alternative, transportation fuel in the country. NGC CNG plans to invest on a phased basis over TT$2 billion over five years. The first phase, lasting two years, and projected to cost TT$500 million, will involve the construction of twenty-two (22) new or revamped CNG-only fuel stations and conversion of over 17,000 vehicles. The second phase, lasting three years, is projected to cost TT$1.57 billion for the construction of more stations and conversions.

Website: cng.co.tt