General 1.1 The EnergySmarTT website (“Site”) is owned, operated, and maintained by The…..
1.1 The EnergySmarTT website (“Site”) is owned, operated, and maintained by The National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited (“NGC”)
No Representation and Warranty
1.1 The Site and Content is provided on an “as is” basis and for general information purposes only.
2.2 The Site and Content may include errors, technical, typographical, photographic and//or otherwise.
2.3 The National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited, including any of its affiliates and any employee, officer, director, servants and/or agent thereof and/or any of its affiliates (“NGC”) makes no representation and/or warranty, expressed, implied and/or of any kind whatsoever, of the Site and Content, including but not limited to representation, warranty and/or condition as to, quality, accuracy, reliability, completeness, timeliness, merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose, non-infringement of Intellectual Property and/or otherwise.
2.4 NGC does not warrant that the Site and/or Content, including any links therein are without viruses and/or other harmful elements.
2.5 Any action taken, opinions formed and/ or conclusions drawn or inferred, on the basis of the Site and/or Content, shall be taken, formed, drawn and/or inferred, at the sole risk, expense and liability of User.
2.6 Any statements, sentiments, opinions, conclusions, expressed and/or published on this Site and/or in any Content, are those of and the responsibility of the individual authors and/or compilers and do not constitute opinions of NGC, save and except where expressly stated. Publication of any such sentiments, opinions and related material on this Site, shall not be treated and/or interpreted, as any endorsement and/or approval thereof, by NGC.
2.7 No Content and nothing contained on this Site is and/or shall be construed as advice recommendation and/or otherwise.
3.1 From time to time, the Site and/or Content may redirect or link Users to a third-party website, including content and Intellectual Property thereof, (“Third-Party Website”), which do not relate to NGC and/or are not owned and/or controlled by NGC and/or may not be available in country of User.
3.2 The presence of a link on the Site to a Third-Party Website, does not imply whatsoever, any endorsement, guarantee, warranty, representation, recommendation and/or approval thereof and/or of the third-party, by NGC. Any link on the Site to a Third-Party Website is provided solely for convenience to a User.
3.3 User of the Site is advised and warned that NGC has not reviewed each and every Third-Party Website. The use of any links on the Site to Third-Party Website will cause User to leave the Site. Any redirection, access to and/or use of a Third-Party Website via a link on this Site and/or Content, shall be at the sole risks of User and User of any Third-Party Website shall be subject to any and all terms and/or conditions of such third-party. User is strongly advised and warned to read any and all policies, terms and/or conditions of any Third-Party Website, which may be on theThird-Party Website and/or otherwise.
3.4 NGC is and shall not be responsible and/or liable whatsoever, for any Third-Party Website and NGC is and shall not be liable and/or responsible to any User, for any experience, outcome and/or result, which arises or relates whatsoever, to a Third-Party Website.
Content of User
4.1 User represents that User owns and/or otherwise controls all of the rights to any comments, feedback, material, content and/or otherwise (“User Content”), as posted and/or submitted by User on the Site.
4.2 User agrees and grants NGC a nonexclusive, royalty-free, permanent, irrevocable, and completely sublicensable right, to utilize, amend, adjust, release, create, recreate, equate, derivative works, from any User Content and to distribute and screen same throughout the world, in any media. User grants NGC and sublicenses the right to utilize name of User, in connection any such comments, feedback, material and/or otherwise, as NGC sees fit.
5.0 Limitation of Liability
5.1 Use of and/or reliance upon the Site and/or Content shall be at the sole risk of User.
5.2 The Site and/or Content may be out of date and NGC makes no commitment whatsoever and shall neither be under any duty, obligation, responsibility nor liable, to update the Site and/or Content and/or for failure to update same, under any circumstances whatsoever.
5.3 User acknowledges and agrees that NGC accepts no responsibility for any inaccuracy, error, act and/or omission, communication failure, technicality and/or computer malfunction, with respect to Site and/or Content and shall not be liable, directly or indirectly, for any, negligence, incidental, special, punitive and/or consequential, damage, consequence, claim, loss, expense, penalties, judgment, settlement, and/or costs, of any kind whatsoever, whether or not foreseeable regardless of cause or howsoever arising, caused, incurred, sustained and/or suffered, in relation thereto and in connection therewith, or as may be alleged, including loss and/or deferment of revenue, earnings, profits, use, opportunity, expectation, bargain, contract; business interruption; increased cost of working during business interruption and any incremental or other cost of overhead expenses incurred.
5.4 NGC shall not be directly and/or indirectly liable, for any claim and/or consequence whatsoever, by any User, arising from and/or related to use of and/or reliance on the Site and/or Content and/or which is claimed to have resulted from any error, act, omission and/or inaccuracy, in respect thereof.
6.0 Code of Conduct – Permitted Uses
6.1 Use of the Site and/or Content for lawful purposes is allowed.
6.2 User is permitted to use, download, copy and/or reprint Content, strictly for non-commercial purposes, subject to express acknowledgment and citation of NGC as the website source and due recognition of any other applicable author, third-party and/or otherwise.
7.0 Code of Conduct – Prohibited Uses
7.1 User is strictly prohibited and forbidden:
- to use the Site and/or Content for any malicious and/or unlawful purpose;
- to abuse and/or modify the Site and/or Content;
- to use, copy, sell, re-sell, distribute, redistribute, print, re-print, publish, produce and/or reproduce, in whole or in part, any and all images, graphics, hallmarks, copyrighted images, audio, video, design and page layout on this Site, company logos and trademarks of NGC, save and except with prior written consent from The National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited;
- to recreate, display, distribute, or otherwise use the Content for any commercial purpose and/ or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- to infiltrate, alter and/or damage the Site, Content and/or any other website of NGC, linked sites, computer systems, software and/or hardware components thereof;
- to use any meta tags or any various other “unseen text” utilizing the name of the Site, logos, trademarks, without the express written consent of The National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited;
- to attempt to decompile and/or reverse engineer any software contained on the Site and/or Content;
- to transfer Content to another person or “mirror” Content on any other server;
- to use the Site and/or Content on any other website and/or in a networked computer system environment for any purpose whatsoever.
- to publish, distribute and/or disseminate, any obscene, profane, indecent, infringing, defamatory, unlawful, data, information, material and/or otherwise, on the Site and/or through Content;
- to conduct personal business on the Site and/or through Content;
- to use the Site and/or Content as a propaganda and/or threatening tool and/or not to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten and/or otherwise violate the legal rights of any person, entity or otherwise;
- to use Site and/or Content to undermine the goodwill, invade privacy and/or otherwise to injure NGC or any other third party;
- to use Site and/or Content, as a medium to air discontent, dissatisfaction and/or grievance, of any kind whatsoever, for any reason whatsoever; and/or
- to use Site and/or Content for industrial solicitations, mass mailings, or any type of “spam” and not to upload or attach files or otherwise, that contain viruses, corrupted files and/or software, that may damage the operation of another’s hardware.
7.2 Any code that the Site develops to generate and/or showcase Content and any pages which make up the Site, is secured and protected by copyright of NGC and User is prohibited to copy or adjust such code.
8.0 Intellectual Property
8.1 “Intellectual Property” shall mean and includes, but is not limited to, proprietary information, creations of the mind, ideas, know-how, techniques, technologies, formulas, trade secrets, business models, research and development, domain names, logos, inventions (whether patentable or not), patents, trademarks, copyright, design rights, registered design, technical and/or commercial information and/or any other information of any type, relating to designs, configurations, toolings, documentation, recorded data, schematics and circuits.
8.2 This Site and Content, including any features and functionality as offered through the Site, are and shall remain the exclusive property of NGC.
8.3 Use of the Site by User does not grant User any rights of any kind, ownership and/or otherwise to the Site.
8.4 At all times, save and except as otherwise expressly provided, User hereby agrees and acknowledges that title to and Intellectual Property rights of the Website and Content is the property of NGC and is protected by copyright and other Intellectual Property laws of Trinidad and Tobago.
8.5 No Content and/or Intellectual Property may be sold, resold, distributed, redistributed, published, republished, produced and/or reproduced, in whole or in part, or used to create derivative works, save and except with the prior written consent of The National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited.
9.1 Any data and/or personal information which may be obtained by NGC, by virtue of this website, shall be subject to and in accordance with any applicable laws of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
11.0 Settlement of Disputes
11.1 User agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Trinidad and Tobago, for the resolution of any dispute and/or claim, which arises out of or relating to and/or in connection with the Site and/or Content.
13.1 The Site and/or Content may include errors, technical, typographical, photographic and/or otherwise.
13.3 From time to time, this Site may contain certain sections, features, functions, links and/or web-based resources, to which different and/or additional terms and conditions may apply. Hence, a User shall be required to review and be bound by the different and/or additional terms and conditions, as applicable thereto.
14.0 Termination of Use
17.0 Governing Law and Legal Compliance
17.2 With respect to the use of the Site and/or Content, a User shall comply with ethical standards; the laws of Trinidad and Tobago, including the laws on Intellectual Property and/or such other laws, as may be implemented from time to time; and with any other applicable domestic and international law, statute, ordinance, and regulation.
17.3 Any Third-Party Website shall be governed by the terms and conditions and any applicable policies, contracts and law in relation thereto.